Low-Carb Spiced Pumpkin Smoothie
Pumpkin smoothie recipe & content provided by Rosie Tran, Kale In The Clouds
What’s better than a pumpkin spice latte? A pumpkin smoothie! This smoothie is filled with protein, vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats, making it the perfect recipe to jump start a crisp fall day.
This pumpkin smoothie skips the ice and gets added nutrients from steamed, frozen veggies instead. Cauliflower and zucchini make the perfect additions because they create creaminess without adding a strong veggie flavor. This way, you can taste all the spices in this smoothie and collect some vitamins at the same time.
Steaming veggies for your pumpkin smoothie not only makes their fiber easier to digest, it also removes most of the oxalates in cauliflower. In high doses, oxalates can cause kidney stones or muscle pain. Luckily, steaming cauliflower and draining the cooking water greatly reduces its oxalate content and unlocks all of cauliflower’s amazing benefits. After steaming, simply allow your veggies to cool and freeze them in a covered container for your pumpkin smoothie.
Spiced Pumpkin Smoothie
Start to Finish: 5 minutes
- 2 scoops vanilla collagen protein
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (BPA-free)
- 1/4 cup steamed frozen cauliflower
- 1/4 cup frozen zucchini
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil or MCT oil
- 2 teaspoons MitoSweet or stevia
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- Unsweetened coconut chips to top (optional)
- Place all ingredients except collagen into a blender and blend for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Add collagen and blend again on low speed until incorporated.
- Top with coconut chips and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 424
- Protein: 25g
- Total Carbs: 31g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugars: 8g
- Net Carbs: 27g
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 298mg
- Potassium: 104mg
- Iron: 5%
- Calcium: 48%
- Vitamin A: 46%
- Vitamin C: 30%
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!