Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Paleo pumpkin bread recipe & content provided by Joshua Weissman
This paleo pumpkin bread reminds me of my childhood living in California — a place that felt like a galaxy away from the majority of my family in Texas. I remember always wanting visit them, especially with all the stories my mom would tell me. Baked goods were our way to connect from afar.
Related: Paleo Coffee Pumpkin Spice Shake
One of the most exciting times of the year for me was autumn, when I would await the highly coveted family gift mail delivery. This delivery came every year on the dot, no matter what. It wasn’t just some box full of “things.” This was a box full of home-baked foods that built my passion for food and cooking, including a pumpkin bread my grandmother and those before her had made.
I still get excited about that pumpkin bread — and this paleo version was inspired by my grandmother’s original recipe. Enjoy this pumpkin bread with a warm cup of coffee, cozied up with your family and friends.
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
Start to Finish: 1 hour
- One 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons green banana flour or plantain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for greasing
- 12 drops stevia extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together coconut flour, plantain flour, baking soda, salt, and all ground spices.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, coconut oil, stevia, and eggs until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and fold mixture together with a spatula until fully incorporated and no dry clumps remain.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil and pour batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool, slice into 6 pieces, and serve.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 196
- Total Fat: 11.3g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 93mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Total Carbs: 18.6g
- Fiber: 9.1g
- Sugars: 1.4g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net Carbs: 9.5g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Vitamin D: 9mcg
- Calcium: 25mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 34mg
Note on ingredients: Nutmeg is often high in mold toxins, and contains its own onboard toxins that you can feel even in small amounts. When you do use nutmeg, get a high-quality brand and enjoy it sparingly.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!