Increase Your IQ & Your Lifespan For A Dime A Day | Steven Fowkes, Biohacker – #456
By: Dave Asprey
Biohacking at its best! Dave speaks with his favorite “Old-school mad scientist” friend Steve Fowkes on everything from curing herpes with an over the counter drug, to the future of cognitive enhancement.
Organic chemist and nanotechnologist, Fowkes, is a self described “incurable optimist” and interested in helping find solutions to many of humanity’s grand challenges.
Some of those solutions start with just optimizing the brain you have with some simple vitamins and nutrients. It’s a fascinating episode with a truly brilliant human being.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript!
Sponsored by Health IQ
Links/Resources for Steve Fowkes
- The skinny on what people can use BHT, and how it works on all the lipid envelope viruses.
- Can you get rid of herpes with a cheap, readily available drug?
- Steve’s book about BHT.
- On how long Steve thinks he is going to live.
- Why Dave drives a heavy vehicle, and how that is part of his longevity strategy.
- Silicon Valley Health Institute, an anti-aging nonprofit research group.
- If Steve thinks the cost of anti-aging therapies are coming down at a reasonable rate?
- “You’re looking at a world where you wake up in the morning, and your ring or your mattress or something tells you how you did last night.” –Dave
- Can you make your immune system operate like you’re 20 years younger than you are?
- Steve on using infrared light to measure vascular changes in your brain.
- “The Federal Communication Commission does bandwidth allocation where you can’t build cell phones bands that are biologically friendly.” Dave and Steve on EMFs
- “Nice, so you get better battery life and you don’t cook your brain. I like that idea.” –Dave on a different type of cell phone antenna.
- Cognitive Enhancement Research Institute.
- How many people have just been living their entire lives with suboptimal function because of nutritional issues?
- “Trying to rewire your brain, that’s a technology that isn’t about taking a pill or taking a smart drugs.” –Steve
- “Any prediction of future benefit that considers only the old way of doing things is going to predict time frames of 50 years, when this new technology might make it in five years.”
- “If you go to your doctor today, you’re going to get any one of 100 different pieces of really bad advice based on conventional thinking because the medical system is incredibly non-innovative on a regulatory basis.” Why doctors are not encouraged to be innovative according to Steve.
- Dave and Steve on doping and GHB.
- Dave asks Steve what his favorite pharmaceutical smart drugs are.
- Go check out “Headstrong” and “The Bulletproof Diet” on Amazon and leave a review!