From Sugar in Tea, To Butter in Coffee: Tom Watson’s Weight Loss Story #542
By: Dave Asprey
November 8, 2018
Tom Watson is a British politician and deputy leader of the Labour party who recently lost an impressive amount of weight, which he chalks up to giving up on tea with sugar and switching to butter in coffee. That’s right, he went Bulletproof.
While Tom is predominantly known for his vast political career, this Member of Parliament has recently been put into the spotlight for his weight loss and policies around health.
In September 2018, Watson revealed on British television that he had been diagnosed with type-2 diabetes but had “reversed” the condition through the Bulletproof Diet and exercise. He also revealed that he had “battled weight since my early 20s” which means that he and many Bulletproof followers have a lot in common.
Follow Along with the Transcript
BBC: Tom Watson MP on losing weight and lifting weights
- How Tom hit rock bottom (weight loss wise) 00:05:15
- “I literally was hungry for 30 years” 00:07:25
- “I feel sorry for the people who worked for me before I gave up sugar” 00:10:05
- Making politicians better through food 00:17:10
- Looking at the food supply and why we live in a sugar economy 00:22:50
- Fizz Free February 00:26:00
- 10% of the NHS budget goes to Type 2 Diabetes 00:30:00
- “There is always some idiot politician that thinks people are too lazy” 00:39:05
- Give up sugar, be bulletproof – and the world will be better 00:49:30
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review.