Todd White – Biohacking Wine: Sulfates, Sugar & Dosing #294
By: Dave Asprey
March 21, 2016
Why you should listen –
Todd White is a self-described biohacker and head of Dry Farm Wines. Dry Farm Wines curates wines from small family farms all over the world that are committed to producing pure natural wines. It is the only company in the world that biohacks wine; quantifying organic and natural farming practices, as well as low intervention natural winemaking practices. On this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Todd talks to Dave about sulfates and additives in wine, the dangers of sugar, wine label requirements, ideal alcohol dosages and wine pouring etiquette in restaurants. Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with Interactive Transcripts!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day
- 1:24 – Wix
- 2:25 – Food and stress detective
- 4:16 – Introducing Todd White
- 14:27 – The process of biohacking wine
- 21:06 – Additives in wine
- 31:41 – Sulfite concentration
- 34:31 – Labeling requirements
- 41:18 – Mycotoxin monitoring
- 45:16 – Ideal alcohol dosages
- 50:24 – Losing sugar
- 58:18 – Heavy-handed wine pours
- 1:09:07– Top 3 more recommendations for kicking more ass and being Bulletproof!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!