S’mores for Younger Looking Skin and a Sharper Brain
Just because you’re losing weight, gaining energy, and your mental performance is through the roof on the Bulletproof Diet doesn’t mean you have to miss out on dessert.
Traditional s’mores call for highly processed, sugar-laden ingredients that sap your energy and make you fat. But thanks to our friend Nick Kowalski from NicksFit.com, we’ve got a Bulletproof version of this American classic.
More than just tasting good, Bulletproof S’mores are amazing for your skin, your gut, and your brain. Bulletproof Upgraded Chocolate has a laundry list of anti-aging benefits, including protecting your skin from harmful UV rays and supporting your mitochondria with powerful polyphenols.
Bulletproof Collagen is packed with easily assimilated amino acids that support muscle and joint maintenance, gut health, and younger looking skin. Not bad for a dessert.
Bulletproof S’mores Recipe
Bulletproof Graham Crackers
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup organic coconut flour
- 2 pastured whole eggs
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp. Upgraded Chocolate Powder
- ¼ cup xylitol
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil *melted
- 1 tbsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. aluminum-free baking soda
- ½ tsp. raw apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a large cookie sheet with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, and ACV).
- Add in your dry ingredients (cassava flour, coconut flour, xylitol, chocolate powder, salt and baking soda).
- Mix with an electric hand mixer or by hand until thoroughly mixed.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper, dust with cassava flour and roll your dough into a large ball.
- Press the dough out with your hands on the parchment paper and slowly roll out with a rolling pin until about 1/16 of an inch thick – you may need to cut off the edges to form a rectangle, reform that dough and roll again until all the dough has been sufficiently flattened to form one giant rectangle.
- Use a pizza cutter or sharp knife to cut your dough into squares or rectangles.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then remove from oven to separate slightly.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes, until they’re a nice brown color and start to crisp.*
*They won’t be that crisp from the oven; they will crisp up as they cool. Watch closely; they cook very quickly!
- 4 tbsp. Bulletproof CollaGelatin
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pour ½ cup of water into a metal bowl or mixer bowl and add Bulletproof CollaGelatin. Whisk slightly to incorporate and let sit.
- Pour the other ½ cup of water and 1 cup of honey into the small saucepan.
- Slowly bring the water and honey mixture to a boil. If you have a kitchen thermometer, you want it to reach at least 240 degrees. If not, just keep boiling, stirring constantly for 8 minutes.
- Slowly start pouring the honey/water mixture into the bowl with the gelatin mix (which will be hard by now).
- Turn on the mixer or hand mixer and keep on medium as you add the honey mixture.
- After you add the honey mixture, turn the mixer to high and blend with the mixer for another 10-15 minutes or until it forms a stiff cream the consistency of marshmallow cream (it should form gentle peaks).
- Add the vanilla for the last 2 minutes of mixing.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with coconut oil, or line with parchment paper, leaving some on the sides to be able to pull up.
- After you whip the marshmallows, pour them into the lined/greased dish and smooth evenly.
- Let sit at least 4 hours (overnight is better).
- Flip onto a cutting board and cut with a well-oiled pizza cutter or knife.
- Store in an airtight container.
Note: Do NOT store in the fridge as they will melt. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
*Recipe Adapted from Wellness Mama.
Upgraded Raw Chocolates
These chocolates will melt easily into the graham and the marshmallow. Definitely worth the extra effort.
- 4 tbsp. Upgraded Cacao Powder
- 2 tbsp. Upgraded Cacao Butter
- 2-4 tbsp. xylitol *powdered in your coffee grinder
- 2 tbsp. Brain Octane Oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Melt cacao butter in a double boiler.
- Turn heat high until water is boiling then turn to low and add cacao butter, stirring frequently until melted.
- Next, add in Brain Octane Oil and incorporate.
- Last, add dry ingredients (cacao powder, xylitol, vanilla) and mix well with a metal whisk.
- Once thoroughly mixed, pour the liquid into silicon molds or unbleached paper baking cups. Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Assembling your S’mores
Once you have all of your ingredients made, it is time for assembly. This will probably be second nature for most people. But just in case …
- First, you take the graham.
- You stick the chocolate on the graham.
- Then, you roast, toast, or otherwise heat the mallow.
- When the mallow is lightly toasted, stick it on top of the chocolate, then cover with the other graham.
Get even more Bulletproof-approved recipes sent straight to your inbox? Sign up below!
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!