What Medical Cannabis Can Do – Ricki Lake & Abby Epstein #564
By: Dave Asprey
On this episode, filmmakers Ricki Lake and Abby Epstein discuss how through their new movie “Weed the People” they hope to help people make an informed choice. “Expanding people’s knowledge of something; having them be able to make a judgment and decision that’s best for them and their bodies.”
Ricki is someone you will likely know. She is a beloved pop-culture actress, had her own talk show for a dozen years, and now is a documentary filmmaker.
Abby is an award-winning director and producer of documentary films. The two have teamed up creatively for more than a decade to make films that inform, educate and portray incredible humanity.
In the podcast, we talk about cannabis—and specifically about the use of it to help treat children’s cancer, which is the topic of their current documentary, “Weed the People.”
Follow Along with the Transcript
Watch “Weed The People” at weedthepeoplemovie.com/dave and use the code “wtpdave” for 30% off.
- Why Ricki and Abby chose cannabis for their next project 00:09:45
- Reducing pain killing meds for kids 00:20:50
- Research is being done by the cannabis companies (follow the money) 00:27:25
- The government has a patent on CBD 00:32:10
- National competitiveness may lead to change 00:36:30
- Bigger Ideas:
- Why revealing the evidence is so important 00:14:40
- How to choose the strain that works best for you? 00:22:30
- The parallel between cannabis and nootropics 00:34:30
- The most inspiring story they saw during filming Weed The People 00:38:40
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star rating and a creative review.