Quick Pickled Vegetables
Quick Pickled Vegetables recipe & content provided by Veronica Culver, The Enchanted Cook
Quick Pickled Vegetables are easy to prep using a simple two-ingredient brining solution. You probably already have the ingredients to make it in your pantry, and there’s no sugar or canning required.
These fresh pickled vegetables make for a quick, crisp and palate-cleansing starter or a tasty low- to no-carb condiment that totally amps up the flavor of whatever you put it on. Since the only carbs in your Quick Pickled Vegetables come from the produce you choose, it’s a keto-friendly complement for your upcoming barbecues or any meal where you want a crisp, tangy crunch. Use them to top burgers or uncured hot dogs, fish tacos or Cuban sandwiches. (They’re even a perfect complement to Keto Collagen Bread.)
Related: Easy Refrigerator Pickles
This basic quick-pickling method for vegetables is both easy and versatile. Add pickling spices or herbs to your brine, and try slicing your vegetables in different ways for an eye-catching presentation. Since you don’t need to cook the vegetables and you only need a few minutes to heat up your pickling liquid, it’s easy to spend a little extra time on flavor and presentation.
For my even easier version of Quick Pickled Vegetables, I’ll just douse the veggies in a bit of apple cider vinegar and let them sit for a minute or two—no heating required. You don’t get the full pickling effect, but it’s enough to mimic the flavor and will do in a pinch.
This recipe makes 1 1/2 cups of pickling liquid, enough to pickle approximately 6 pints of vegetables. For this recipe I used small half-pint jars for thin-sliced vegetables, and a tall quart-sized jar for whole vegetables like carrots and asparagus.
Quick Pickled Vegetables
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Himalayan pink salt
- Optional: 1/4 teaspoon MitoSweet (or granulated stevia)
Suggested Vegetables For Quick Pickling:
- 6 small whole organic carrots (1-2 large carrots sliced into long, thick sticks)
- 1/2 bunch of organic asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1/2 cup of organic cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup organic red onion, shaved thinly
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all brine ingredients. Stir and heat the liquid until it comes to a gentle simmer and the salt and sweetener have dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Pack pickling vegetables into heat-safe jars and carefully pour brine into the jars until full. Allow jars to cool, then cover with lids and store in refrigerator.
- Use Quick Pickled Vegetables immediately or allow flavors to meld for a few hours, and then serve. These will keep in your refrigerator for up to 2 months.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 10
- Carbs: 2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Sugar Alcohols: 0g
- Net carbs: 2g
- Sodium: 5mg
- Potassium: 30mg
- Vitamin A: 25%
- Vitamin C: 2%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 1%
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!