Paleo Pumpkin Oatmeal
Pumpkin oatmeal recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
This pumpkin oatmeal has the same creamy texture as regular oats, thanks to a secret ingredient: Cauliflower! Since it has such a mild taste, it blends perfectly with fragrant spices and creamy pureed pumpkin.
Related: Keto Chocolate Noatmeal
This paleo-friendly pumpkin oatmeal packs a ton of nourishing veggies into your bowl, and only takes a few extra minutes compared to conventional hot cereals. With a little extra power from Brain Octane Oil and collagen peptides, this oatmeal also includes satisfying fats and protein. Just one bite, and you’ll be a believer!
Paleo Pumpkin Oatmeal
Start to Finish: 15 minutes
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin, roughly chopped
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered vanilla bean
- 1/2 teaspoon Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger (optional)
- Sweetener such as liquid stevia or monk fruit to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon collagen peptides (optional)
- Garnishes such as ground cinnamon, shredded coconut, fresh organic berries, or unsweetened coconut yogurt (optional)
- Chop the pumpkin into rough smaller pieces.
- In a small saucepan on medium heat, add all ingredients except collagen (if using). Heat and simmer until veggies are fully cooked through and soft, about 8-10 minutes.
- Taste the mix and adjust any of the flavors or sweetness if desired. Stir in collagen, if using.
- Scoop into a bowl and garnish with cinnamon, coconut, berries, or coconut yogurt.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 520
- Fat: 40.4g
- Saturated Fat: 37gg
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Salt: 111mg
- Carbs: 29.3g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Net Carbs: 23.2g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Vitamin D: 0mcg
- Calcium: 103mg
- Iron: 4mg
- Potassium: 829mg
Note on ingredients: Cauliflower can be moderately high in oxalates — a type of antinutrient that can cause muscle pain, kidney stones, or thyroid imbalances. To reduce oxalates, steam cauliflower rice separately and drain the cooking water before incorporating in this recipe.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!