Jordan Rubin: Biohacking Cows, Bulletproof Dairy, & Probiotics
By: Dave Asprey
June 24, 2013
Jordan Rubin is one of America’s most recognized and respected natural health experts. He is the author of the New York Times best selling book, The Maker’s Diet, as well as the author of 19 other health related titles, including his latest work Perfect Weight America. An international motivational speaker, Jordan hosts the weekly television show Extraordinary Health that reaches more than 30 million households worldwide. He is Founder and CEO of Garden of Life, a leading health and wellness company committed to empowering extraordinary health with whole food based supplements, functional foods, and founder of Beyond Organic.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What We Cover
- 2:00 – Jordan Rubin’s story
- 6:50 – Multiple experiments with probiotics
- 8:25 – The crazy ways to take probiotics
- 11:40 – What Jordan does to bio-hack his cows & make the most bulletproof dairy possible (Dave even eats it!)
- 16:00 – Jordan’s holistic ecosystem approach to food
- 21:00 – Why Beyond Organic is a multi-level marketing business
- 25:00 – Why Dave is endorsing Beyond Organic
- 27:45 – The strains of bacteria in Beyond Organic dairy
- 33:15 – Have you seen people reverse food allergies with these products?
- 36:00 – [Science Alert] Dave & Jordan speak about bacteria & biogenic amines
- 43:30 – Jordan’s natural breakthrough
Links from the show:
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show.
Update: A Message from Dave Asprey
I struggled greatly with whether or not I should have Jordan on the podcast. On one hand, he chose a business model, multilevel marketing, that is inherently slimy. I’ve seen multilevel marketing destroy families and some even use cult techniques.
In fact, I spent an hour on the phone with Jordan discussing his business model before I even decided to schedule the podcast.
I believe him when he says he is doing his best to create a sustainable business that is not slimy. I do not know if it is possible to make a multilevel marketing company that is not slimy. I hope he succeeds in doing that.
What I do know is that he has created the most perfect dairy I have ever found, and his soil based organisms and other fermentation techniques meet bulletproof standards. No one else’s products have come close.
You don’t have to “join” in order to simply order products. I don’t even recommend you join. I don’t think you should look at this as a way to make a lot of money by converting all of your family and friends and whoever else you might meet at a bus station.
So there you have it. I never thought there was a chance I would recommend anything from a multilevel marketing company, but there are very valid reasons for doing it here, and I believe it was right thing to do.