Jay Schroeder: Bulletproof Your Nervous System
By: Dave Asprey
January 2, 2013
Jay Schroeder is the developer of Ultra Fit and EvoSport. He has been involved for 25 years, in the design, implementation, and evaluation of training plans for individuals from the ages of 4 through 84. He has studied the greatest training systems of the world, not to find the successes but to establish the point at which they failed. He then put together his system of training to overcome these points of failure. He has traveled to Eastern bloc countries and developed working relationships with some of the most knowledgeable in the field. He has designed unique protocols for use with the ARP as well as the typical equipment in the gym setting, as they relate to rehab strength, injury prevention and elite athletic mastery.
Click here to read the free transcript of this episode (coming soon).
Did you know you can get a free PDF download of every transcript of every episode of Bulletproof Executive Radio by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page? You also get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more.
What We Cover
- 2:14 – First time they met, Jay Added 9” to Dave’s Long Jump
- 2:43 – What drove you to become a trainer?
- 5:12 – Jay Tells us about his life-changing recovery from an accident
- 8:00 – If you’re not trying to be an elite athlete, and we’re talking about the mind/body connection that your machines bring, how does the effect on the nervous system control your life?
- 10:30 – How does improving the body’s capabilities change your brain’s ability to think and perform cognitively?
- 12:00 – Can you explain what the RX100 & POV do?
- 13:45 – I’ve heard to become a “Pro” you must do something 10,000 times so your myelin insulation may build up your brain connection, are you creating this insulation 500x more efficiently?
- 16:12 – What are the benefits you see from the RX and RV100 for athletes and ‘mere mortals?’
- 18:13 – Can you tell us what you drive? The really fast ones?
- 19:53 – How does the RX100 & PV increase your ‘bandwidth’ for actions that require power, finesse, precision and reaction time?
- 25:20 – What parts of your brain are making these ‘fast-reaction’ decisions?
- 27:35 – Jay discusses his work with an esteemed bike rider & how the biker did not believe he could increase his reaction time any further
- 30:06 – Is there a downside to turning up the nervous system to upgraded levels?
- 33:08 – At our conference, what are the types of things you will be able to help them do nervous systems? What kind of stimulation and recovery will happen?
- 36:50 – You’re talking about running an electrical current through your brain to speed up the process, could you clarify that?
- 39:50 – What it means to have Bulletproof Capacity with this device
Links From The Show
Over the next several weeks on Bulletproof radio, there will only be a cool fact of the day, and an interview. After the conference, on January 17-19, 2013, there will be an hour long show of Q & A, and then the show will resume in full.
Live Webinar with Wellness FX on Tuesday, January 8, 2013 at 10 a.m. pst.
The Bulletproof Conference: Biohack Your Life: This is the only conference like it anywhere where you get access to hands-on biohacking led by world-class people. To hell with learning about biohacking. This is about actually *doing* it.
PaleoFX I’m pleased to have been invited to speak at the second annual PaleoFX Symposium in Austin, TX, March 28-30, 2013. I’m looking forward to meeting awesome speakers like Sarah Fragoso, Nora Gedgaudas, Kelly Starrett, Paul Jaminet and many, many more. Tickets are on sale now. For details, visit www.therealpaleofx.com.
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
If you enjoyed the show, please leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.