Paul Jaminet: The Perfect Health Diet – #34
By: Dave Asprey
December 27, 2012
Paul Jaminet. Ph.D. was an astrophysicist at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, became a software entrepreneur during the Internet boom, and now provides strategic advice to entrepreneurial companies while pursuing research in economics. Paul’s experience overcoming a chronic illness has been key to his views of aging and disease, and in writing his new book Perfect Diet Solution.
Did you know you can get a free PDF download of every transcript of every episode of Bulletproof Executive Radio by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page? You also get a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more.
Over the next several weeks on Bulletproof radio, there will only be a cool fact of the day, and an interview. After the conference, on January 17-19, 2013, there will be an hour long show of Q & A, and then the show will resume in full.
What We Cover
- Paul Jaminet’s origins, where his interest came from for a natural diet (~1:15)
- How important for people to understand the evolution and biology of the food they eat? (including vitamin D, nutrient deficiencies thoughts on self-experimentation variables, optimization of your own health) (~8:12)
- Now, the Bulletproof Diet focuses eating a high amount of fat, a fairly high amount of protein, and avoiding processed carbs like bread, grains, and sugar. It focuses on eating what is natural and minimizing mycotoxins that come in low-quality foods. Can you explain how your diet in your book “Perfect Health Diet” is similar and how it differs? (~16:02)
- In part 4 of your book you go into detail about supplements. What are your daily recommendations? (~19:50)
- What about Rheumatoid Arthritis and nightshades (potato and tomato)? (~24:00)
- Liver, health benefits, and cooking (~26:50)
- Eggs, particularly allergies (~29:31)
- We discuss sleep hacking a lot here at the BulletproofExec Blog; can you share with us the importance of circadian rhythms and optimal sleep? (including immune system) (~31:58)
- What are your top three recommendations for someone who wants to be as powerful and high performance in all aspects of life? (~36:21)
- Where can people learn more about you and your work? (~40:04)
Links From The Show
Perfect Health Diet, Website
Food & Supplements
The Bulletproof Diet
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in comments section below.
You can also ask your questions via…
The Bulletproof Forum
Don’t forget to leave a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find our show.