Philip Reed – A Priest, Blackjack Player, & $30,000 Walk Into a Bar… #292
By: Dave Asprey
Why you should listen –
Philip Reed is a multi-platform author, writing about a variety of subjects in a simple and compelling style that changes people’s lives. His sports series is about performance under pressure in basketball, golf and blackjack and his latest book is “Wild Cards, A Year Counting Cards with a Professional Blackjack Player, a Priest and a $30,000 bankroll.” On this episode of Bulletproof Radio, Philip sits down with Dave to talk about counting cards, cognitive enhancement in the casino, working memory, the importance of mentorship and teamwork, performance learning curves and more. Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with Interactive Transcripts!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day
- 1:19 – Introducing Philip Reed
- 4:16 – Wild Cards
- 13:57 – Performance learning curves
- 17:06 – Risks and counting cards
- 24:11 – Working memory
- 27:39 – Cognitive enhancement and blackjack
- 33:34 – Mentorship
- 40:50 – Teamwork at the table
- 47:17 – Performance enhancers for blackjack
- 50:55 – Tips for counting
- 52:28 – Top 3 recommendations for kicking more ass and being Bulletproof
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!