Lisa Bloomquist: Know Your Antibiotics & Restore Your Mitochondria – #263
By: Dave Asprey
November 25, 2015
Why you should listen –
Lisa Bloomquist joins Bulletproof Radio to discuss her devastating experience with Ciprofloxacin (Cipro), the important role of mitochondria and how to choose a safer antibiotic. Enjoy the show!
Lisa Bloomquist is a patient advocate who was injured by Cipro (a fluoroquinolone antibiotic) in 2011. She runs Floxie Hope, a fluoroquinolone toxicity patient advocacy site, and manages The Fluoroquinolone Wall of Pain. Lisa has vowed to openly educate about the dangers of fluoroquinolone antibiotics until proper informed consent is established for administration of these drugs. Lisa is a Colorado native and has a BA in Economics from Colorado State University and a Masters in Public Administration from University of Colorado, Denver.
Follow Along with Interactive Transcripts!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – Ting
- 1:26 – Cool fact of the day
- 3:28 – Welcome Lisa Bloomquist
- 7:50 – Mixing NSAIDS and Cipro
- 14:20 – Cipro’s effects on mitochondria
- 25:49 – The scorched gut
- 28:02 – Cipro’s connection to sports injuries
- 32:03 – Cipro’s impact on the thyroid
- 40:15 – Lisa’s list of supplements
- 48:00 – The mitochondria/spirit connection
- 51:54 – Hacking mitochondria
- 56:28 – Choosing the right antibiotics
- 1:04:15 – Top 3 recommendations for kicking more ass and being Bulletproof!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!