Keto Coconut Lime Bars
Coconut Lime Bars recipe & content provided by Sheridan Austin
Is there anything more refreshing than a sweet dessert on a hot day? These keto-friendly lime bars are a go-to easy sweet treat for warm weather, since they requires no baking. Plus, they pack every light bite with powerful, healthy ingredients.
While lemons are bright enough to star on their own, limes are worth embracing too for their many benefits. Limes alkalize the body, contain powerful antioxidants and can help keep inflammation in check. Adding them to a delicious coconut and vanilla slice makes them a winning ingredient.
Recommended: Vanilla Matcha Latte
Adding hydrolyzed collagen and ghee to this recipe will help keep you nourished and satisfied, too. With plenty of protein and fat, these lime bars are a healthy dessert that won’t leave you craving sugar.
The matcha dollops on this Coconut Lime Bars are completely optional, but they add a refreshing and eye-catching touch to your treat.
Keto Coconut Lime Bars
Start to Finish: 60 minutes (20 minutes active)
Lime Bars Ingredients:
- 4 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 4 tablespoons lime juice (about half a large lime), plus zest
- 6 tablespoons collagen peptides
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract, or 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons MitoSweet or granulated erythritol and monk fruit sweetener
- Pinch of salt
Matcha Topping Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon high-quality matcha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon MitoSweet, or liquid stevia to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Prepare the lime bars: In a blender, add desiccated coconut and blitz until fine, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Add all the remaining vanilla slice ingredients except collagen and blend until fine and well-combined.
- Add collagen, and blend on the lowest setting until just mixed.
- Taste the mixture and add more lime juice or sweetener if desired.
- Line a small loaf tin with parchment paper, add the mix, and press down gently with your hands or the back of a spoon until even and compact.
- Place in the freezer until firm.
- Prepare the matcha topping (optional): In a saucepan on low heat, add all topping ingredients and melt together. Use a fork or whisk, or blend for a few seconds on medium speed so it combines well.
- Place the mix in a small bowl, and then into your fridge to set slightly.
- To serve, cut your lime bars into pieces and scoop the matcha mixture on top.
Nutrition Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 172
- Total Fat: 15.3g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Carbohydrates: 7.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar alcohols: 3g
- Net carbs: 1.7g
- Total Sugars: 1.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Potassium: 112mg
- Vitamin D: 72mcg
- Calcium: 7mg
- Iron: 1mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!