Keto Sugar Cookies
Keto sugar cookies recipe and content provided by Sheridan Austin
Make these keto sugar cookies your go-to recipe for a sweet grain-free treat. Since you only need a few low-carb ingredients you probably have on-hand, you can have a batch ready in no time.
Related: Keto Fudge, 3 Ways
These light and sweet keto sugar cookies make the perfect anytime treat — both for the holidays or whenever your cookie cravings hit. With a dip in silky coconut icing, they look fancy enough for entertaining with oh-so-little effort.
Keto Sugar Cookies
Start to Finish: 25 minutes
Sugar cookie ingredients:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed ghee or coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons granulated sweetener such as Lakanto, or liquid stevia to taste
Icing ingredients (optional):
- 4 tablespoons grass-fed ghee or coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoon coconut cream (the thick part from the can), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl or blender, combine all of the ingredients until it forms a dough that holds together when you pinch it. It will still feel slightly crumbly, so work carefully.
- Lay out parchment paper and add the dough on top. Lay another sheet of parchment on top and gently roll (you can do this in batches).
- Using a cookie cutter or small glass, cut sugar cookies into shapes.
- Lift the parchment sheet onto a baking tray and place in the oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Cookies will appear soft. Allow to cool so they harden, then refrigerate for 10-15 minutes before dipping in icing (optional).
- Prepare optional icing: In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients until incorporated. Line a tray with parchment.
- Dip each chilled cookie into the icing and place on the parchment. When all cookies are dipped, return to the fridge. You can also repeat this step and double dip once the first coating sets.
Nutritional Information (Per Cookie):
- Calories: 168
- Total Fat: 15.9g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Total Carbs: 5.2g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Sugars: 0.5g
- Sugar Alcohols: 1g
- Net Carbs: 1.1g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Potassium: 83mg
- Vitamin D: 2mcg
- Calcium: 28mg
- Iron: 0mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!