Lemon Blueberry Keto Muffins
Keto Muffins recipe & content provided by Veronica Culver, The Enchanted Cook
These keto muffins are bursting with organic blueberries nestled inside a delicious, moist and hearty vanilla collagen protein cake. And if that weren’t enough, there’s a tart lemon glaze on top that really is the icing on the cake — literally and figuratively.
Lemon blueberry keto muffins are easy to make: You only need one bowl and a muffin tin to prepare them. Plus, they only require a few simple steps and bake very quickly (20 minutes). This recipe makes 12 standard size muffins, and each glazed keto muffin contains about 6g net carbs.
Not only are these magical keto muffins low carb, but they’re also nut free, gluten free, grain free, contain no added sugar and are virtually dairy free (just grass-fed butter). After you try these delicious muffins, you may find it hard to believe that they’re Bulletproof Diet approved!
Have leftover keto muffins? Store them loosely covered in the refrigerator. They’re even more scrumptious and moist after they’ve had a chance to chill.
Lemon Blueberry Keto Muffins
Start to Finish: 30 minutes (10 minutes active)
Keto Muffins Ingredients:
- 4 pastured eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat, canned coconut milk (BPA-free)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (4 scoops) vanilla collagen protein powder (not whey protein)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons birch xylitol
- 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/8 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
Lemon Glaze Ingredients:
- 1 small organic lemon, juiced and zested
- 5 tablespoons powdered (not granulated) stevia, birch xylitol, or monkfruit/erythritol blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Add collagen protein powder, coconut flour, xylitol, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt and whisk until mixed. Stir in melted butter. You should have a thick, almost goopy batter.
- Gently stir in fresh blueberries.
- Spoon mixture evenly into 12 paper-lined muffin holders, filled halfway.
- Place tray in center rack of oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before icing. Keto muffins will rise in the oven and sink a little as they cool.
- For the lemon glaze, mix the lemon juice with powdered sweetener and spoon a small amount on top of each cooled muffin. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.
- Store leftovers loosely covered in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Nutritional Information (Per Muffin):
- Calories: 136
- Protein: 7g
- Total Carbs: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 2g
- Sugar Alcohols: 6g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Monounsaturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Sodium: 68mg
- Potassium: 30mg
- Vitamin A: 4%
- Vitamin C: 2%
- Calcium: 1%
- Iron: 5%
Want More Bulletproof Recipes?
Subscribe to the Bulletproof Recipe Lab email newsletter to get the latest upgraded meals, snacks, and desserts right in your inbox (twice a week).