Keto Chocolate Muffins
Keto Chocolate Muffins recipe & content provided by Sheridan Austin
These keto-friendly chocolate muffins taste just like the real deal, all without the sugar or flour you’ll find in regular muffins. Plus, they use a secret ingredient to keep them moist and chewy: Pumpkin! Not only are these chocolate muffins free from dairy, nuts and sugar, they also deliver gut-loving benefits from hydrolyzed collagen protein.
Recommended: Keto Collagen Bread
I highly recommend using cacao butter in your chocolate muffins because it enhances their rich taste. However, you can also substitute grass-fed ghee or coconut oil if you don’t have cacao butter on hand.
Pack these keto chocolate muffins in your lunch, enjoy them for breakfast or serve as an afternoon snack. I enjoy them warm with berries and coconut cream, but they taste just as delicious by themselves (even straight from the fridge).
Keto Chocolate Muffins
Start to Finish: 40 minutes (10 minutes active
- 4.6 ounces cacao butter, melted (about 9 tablespoons)
- 2 cups chopped, steamed pumpkin (may substitute organic canned pumpkin from a BPA-free can)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup collagen protein powder
- 3 pastured eggs
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar-free sweetener (I used a monk fruit/erythritol blend)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients except collagen to a blender, and blend until well combined and the pumpkin is completely mixed through. Add collagen and blend on the lowest speed until just incorporated.
- Grease or line muffin trays, and spoon the protein muffin mix into the pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, checking from 25 minutes. Protein muffins are done when a knife inserted in the middle of one comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
- Serve alone, or with berries and coconut cream!
Serves: 8 muffins
Nutritional Information (Per Muffin):
- Calories: 111
- Total Fat: 9.9g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
- Protein: 2.8g
- Sodium: 105mg
- Total Carbs: 4g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Total Sugars: 0.8g
- Net Carbs: 3g
- Vitamin D: 13mcg
- Calcium: 18mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Potassium: 164mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!