Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
Chocolate is one of those heftily debated topics in the health world. Good or bad? Will it make you fat or provide you with essential nutrients?
Sure, most chocolate candies, truffles, cakes, etc. cause inflammation and sugar spikes, but it’s not the chocolate that’s at fault. It’s the sugar, the processed flour, the hydrogenated oils, and other nastiness added to chocolate that cause problems.
When done right, chocolate is deliciously Bulletproof. Researchers found that people who consumed 45 grams of high-quality chocolate (85% cacao) daily for two months improved their HDL cholesterol levels without messing with weight, insulin resistance, or inflammation.
Now you can feel better about treating yourself. In fact, you can bring more chocolate into your life as long as you stay away from the cheap fake stuff, make sure your chocolate is mostly cacao, and say no to sugary, oxidized fats and inflammatory flours.
Now that you’re looking for more ways to work chocolate treats into your day, whip up a classic like you’ve never seen it before: rich, chocolatey ice cream without the sugar and preservatives that cause brain fog. With high-quality ingredients like free-range eggs and XCT Oil, you can steal a spoonful anytime of day without the crash of normal ice cream.
This recipe includes conversions to accommodate everyday cooking utensils, but a scale will give you much more accurate results.
Thanks to our friend Jordan Pie for this amazing Bulletproof recipe!
Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 4 or 5 pasture-raised egg yolks (in addition to the whole eggs)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- 100 grams (7 tablespoons) grass-fed butter or ghee, melted
- 50 grams (3.5 tablespoons) cacao butter, melted
- 60 grams (6 tablespoons + 1 scant teaspoon) XCT oil
- 50 grams (3 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons) coconut oil, melted
- 50 grams (3.5 tablespoons, or more to taste) granulated sweetener of choice
- 50 ml (just under 1/4 cup) filtered water or ice
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 or 2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- Add all the ingredients (starting with 30 grams of your chosen sweetener) into a high-powered blender and blitz together for 1-2 minutes.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the sweetness by adding a little more if needed.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy this incredibly nourishing and delicious ice cream.
Serving size: 1 serving (about 37 grams)
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 9.5g
Total Carb 3.7g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Vitamin A 7% ·
Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 2% ·
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!