Keto Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
By: Amanda Suazo
Bacon chocolate chip cookies elevate a classic recipe with a savory twist. With crisp pieces of bacon mixed right into the cookie batter, these keto cookies are packed with salty-sweet flavor.
This recipe for bacon chocolate chip cookies is the same formula used in Bulletproof Cafes. The batter (inspired by our original keto chocolate chip cookies) gets a boost from gut-friendly collagen peptides, plus healthy fats from grass-fed butter and rich dark chocolate.
Make this recipe whenever you find yourself with a little extra bacon left over from recipes like keto green beans with bacon, bacon-wrapped burgers, or keto breakfast tacos. You’ll save yourself the time spent waiting for your bacon to cool — otherwise, make the dough without the bacon, then chill fully before adding warm bacon pieces.
Serve bacon chocolate chip cookies with a cool glass of coconut milk, dip in classic Bulletproof Coffee, or enjoy with a piping hot cup of turmeric bone broth. Special thanks to the team at our Seattle South Lake Union cafe for sharing this recipe!
Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies
Start to Finish: 45 minutes (15 minutes active)
- 2 cups fine ground almond flour
- 3 tablespoons grass-fed butter or ghee
- 3 tablespoons collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons granulated non-GMO erythritol or birch xylitol, or more to taste
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon paleo baking powder
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks with at least 85% cacao
- 4 slices cooked and cooled pastured bacon, diced finely or crumbled
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add almond flour, collagen, sweetener, and salt. Mix, and add baking powder to the top.
- Pour apple cider vinegar on top of the baking powder so it reacts (you’ll see it bubble and fizz).
- Add butter or ghee, vanilla, and egg, and mix thoroughly. Add chocolate and bacon pieces, and mix once more.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on the lined baking trays.
- Press the balls flat into cookie shapes. Press flatter for a crunchier cookie, and leave more rounded for a softer, chewier cookie.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove trays from oven and gently place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
- When cooled, store leftover bacon chocolate chip cookies in a covered container.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 139
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Sodium: 72mg
- Total Carbs: 4.7g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugars: .7g
- Sugar Alcohols: .67g
- Net Carbs: 1.6g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Vitamin C 1%
- Calcium 5%
- Iron 10%
Note on ingredients: Except for coconut, all nuts are considered “suspect” on the Bulletproof Diet because of their high levels of omega-6 fats that can oxidize and contribute to inflammation. Nuts are also susceptible to mold and contain lectins, nutrient-sapping compounds that can be tough on your gut. Use nuts in moderation, or remove them from your diet and reintroduce in small amounts to test your sensitivity.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!