Keto Instant Pot Beef Stew
Instant Pot beef stew recipe & content via Carrie Forrest, Clean Eating Kitchen
If you’re used to cooking stew meat all day in a slow cooker, try this Instant Pot beef stew instead. Pressure cooking cuts down the prep time while still creating a tender and flavor-packed meat and veggies.
Related: Keto Thai Red Beef Curry
Since pressure cooking cooks meat and veggies at a lower temperature than other appliances, this Instant Pot beef stew keeps fats and proteins intact while coaxing out the natural flavor in your ingredients. With chunks of grass-fed beef and filling cauliflower, this recipe makes a nourishing bowl of stew without compromising on nutrition.
Keto Instant Pot Beef Stew
Start to Finish: 60 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or grass-fed ghee
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 4 carrots, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 2 fennel bulbs, chopped
- 4 cups pastured beef broth (try this recipe)
- 12 ounces cauliflower florets
- Sea salt, to taste
- Press the saute button on your 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot and allow to heat for two minutes. Add oil or ghee, beef, garlic, and onion to the pot and saute for 3 minutes, browning on all sides.
- Cancel the saute function and add oregano, zucchini, carrots, fennel, and broth. Stir to combine.
- Lock on the lid, set the valve to sealing, and select the pressure cook function to cook on high pressure for 30 minutes.
- While beef stew cooks, add cauliflower to a pot of boiling water with a steamer basket and steam until just tender (5-7 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- After Instant Pot cook time is finished, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before using the quick release function to release remaining pressure.
- Add cooked cauliflower to the pot and stir to combine ingredients.
- Season with salt and serve immediately, or cool and store up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 245
- Total Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 83.9g
- Sodium: 458mg
- Total Carbs: 13.2g
- Fiber: 4.3g
- Sugars: 6.2g
- Net Carbs: 8.9g
- Protein: 29.8g
- Vitamin A: 196ug
- Vitamin C: 82mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- Magnesium: 62mg
Note on ingredients: Garlic and onions are in the suspect category of the Bulletproof Diet because they inhibit alpha brain waves and could affect your mood – and depending on where you get them, could be moldy. For that reason, it’s not recommended that you eat garlic and onions often.
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!