We Fudged Up: An Apology
By: Bulletproof Staff
We made a mistake and want to apologize for it.
Last week we published a delicious fudge recipe in collaboration with one of our awesome ambassadors. However, due to a series of miscommunications (totally our fault), we published an article that failed to mention that this recipe was inspired by Mary Shenouda’s already awesome and delicious Phat Fudge recipe over at The Paleo Chef. We made a few substitutions but did not credit the original – our bad.
We love Mary’s work and did not mean to take credit, but that is exactly what we did by accident. Sometimes we make mistakes and it’s important that we are accountable when we do.
Apologies for the mistake, and enjoy your fudge.
The Bulletproof team
Original Blog Post Below:
When it comes to decadence, fudge is hard to beat. If you’ve made all the desserts in Bulletproof: The Cookbook and you’re looking for more, here’s some good news: Bulletproof ambassador and high-performance chef Nick Kowalski has come up with a superb Bulletproof fudge recipe. This stuff has it all – quality fats, skin-healthy collagen protein, inflammation-fighting herbs, and minimal sugar. It goes well with biohacked wine, too…
Here’s how you make it:
- 1/2 cup grass-fed ghee
- 1/2 cup Bulletproof chocolate powder
- 1/4 cup Bulletproof cacao butter *melted
- 1/4 cup coconut butter *melted
- 1/4 cup birch xylitol *powdered
- 2 tbsp. Brain Octane
- 1/2 cup strong brewed Bulletproof Coffee
- 2 scoops CollaGelatin
- 2 tbsp. gelatinzed maca
- 1 tbsp. Vanillamax
- 1 tsp. turmeric extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Brew a strong half cup of black Bulletproof coffee – that’s a half cup of water and 2 tbsp. of ground Bulletproof coffee beans, made with whatever brewing method you like. A French press is a good option here; it’ll make the coffee good and strong.
- Powder your xylitol in a coffee grinder.
- Add all your ingredients to the hot coffee – your cacao and coconut butter will melt as long as you chop them up pretty well. Otherwise, melt them prior.
- Using a hand mixer, combine the ingredients until a thick sort of paste is formed.
- Line a glass dish with parchment paper, or grease it with coconut oil.
- Pour the mixture into the dish.
- Place in fridge for at least two hours.
- Cut into squares.
For more Bulletproof recipes and free content every day, sign up for our email:
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!