Helen Irlen – Your Glass Is Always Full Through Irlen Lenses: #291
By: Dave Asprey
March 11, 2016
Why you should listen –
Helen Irlen is an internationally recognized educator, researcher, therapist, scholar and expert in the area of visual-perceptual disorders. Helen discovered Irlen Syndrome over 20 years ago, after establishing that individuals showed a marked improvement in their reading ability when reading material was covered by colored acetate sheets. In the years since, Helen has taught thousands, from schoolchildren to NFL players, to utilize colors to boost brain function. Helen is a regular on BPR and on this episode of Bulletproof Radio, she sits down with Dave to talk about Irlen Syndrome, visual perception and performance, ideal light settings, behavioral problems stemming from light, issues with fluorescent lights, Irlen lenses and more. Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with Interactive Transcripts!
What You Will Hear
- 0:00 – SeatGeek
- 1:50 – Cool Fact of the Day
- 2:53 – Casper Mattresses
- 4:20 – Introducing Helen Irlen
- 5:25 – Helen’s testing method
- 10:50 – Taking the test
- 23:50 – Visual perception & performance
- 28:56 – Light in your environment
- 36:33 – Discovering Irlen Syndrome
- 41:48 – Irlen Lenses and the brain
- 47:12 – Worst lights and colors
- 54:12 – Ridding your life of irritations
- 59:37 – Behavioral problems from light
SeatGeek Promo code: bullet
Casper Mattresses Coupon code: bulletproof
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!