Hacking Your Brain at Any Age: Dr. John Medina #509
By: Dave Asprey
July 17, 2018
All about the ages and stages of your brain! You are passionate before you are wise!
Dr. John Medina, a developmental molecular biologist, has a lifelong fascination with how the mind reacts to and organizes information. He is the author of the New York Times bestseller Brain Rules—a provocative book that takes on the way our schools and work environments are designed.
Medina is an affiliate Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Washington School of Medicine. He lives in Seattle, Washington.
Enjoy the show!
Follow Along with the Transcript
- It’s just the As, Gs, Ts and Cs that make us different 00:05:41
- What exactly is the executive function? 00:07:31
- The pillars of executive function 00:08:42
- A hallmark of the “teenage brain” 00:10:41
- Though I believe deeply in the value of nutrition, it receives so little funding 00:29:30
- The lasting effects of childhood trauma (big or small) 00:38:37
- All of what makes up parenting really happens on a single battlefield 00:45:38
- The difference between longevity and life expectancy 00:58:43
- Five sets of things that you can do to live longer 01:01:08
- Why you should work to create nostalgia 01:13:00
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review.