Gluten-Free Tabbouleh recipe and content provided by Brent Totty
Traditionally, tabbouleh is made with ingredients like wheat bulgur or couscous, onions, garlic and tomatoes. Each is linked with causing inflammation, so a harmless looking bowl of tabbouleh can leave you feeling foggy. This gluten-free tabbouleh removes the inflammatory compounds for a recipe packed with healthy antioxidants, fats and fiber.
Swap the bulgur for steamed cauliflower rice to remove gluten, add lemon juice to lower parsley’s oxalate content (since research shows that added citrate helps neutralize the adverse effects of oxalates), remove nightshades, and add ketone-boosting Brain Octane. With a few simple changes, your gluten-free tabbouleh becomes a keto-friendly finger food.
Start to Finish: 1 hour 10 minutes (10 minutes active)
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup cauliflower rice
- 1 Persian cucumber, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon Brain Octane Oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice from 1/4 lemon
- Two 1/8-inch slices of jicama
- 1 avocado
- In a skillet over medium heat, add two tablespoons of water and the riced cauliflower. Cook for 2 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley to a food processor and blend until finely chopped.
- Add cauliflower rice to food processor and blend until finely chopped and mixed with the parsley.
- Add cucumber to a large mixing bowl with parsley and cauliflower.
- Add Brain Octane, olive oil, salt and lemon juice into the mixing bowl, mix thoroughly and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- To serve, add jicama slices to a plate. Mash avocado into a smooth paste, and spread evenly on top of jicama.
- Top jicama slices with the tabbouleh mixture and serve!
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 250
- Protein: 4g
- Carbs: 17g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Net carbs: 7g
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated: 2g
- Monounsaturated: 12g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- Potassium: 801mg
- Vitamin A: 6%
- Vitamin C: 163%
- Iron: 100%
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!