Paleo Strawberry Cod Ceviche
Cod Ceviche recipe and content provided by Brent Totty
Ceviche recipes all follow the same flow: Fresh fish gets soaked in some form of citrus and a variety of local produce. This cod ceviche follows the same formula and will immediately transport you to somewhere exotic.
Cod ceviche doesn’t require cooking in the standard sense. The combination of raw fish and citric acid begins to slowly denature the protein. Soaking the protein in citrus rearranges the amino acids in the same way that exposing meat to heat does.
A high-quality cod ceviche combines two different types of skill: Sourcing and precision knife skills. You must find fresh and high quality fish, as the citric acid does not kill bacteria in the same way as cooking it does. Cutting the fish into small, identical pieces ensures that the citric acid reaches as much surface area as possible.
Packed with antioxidants and micronutrients from strawberries and cilantro, this summery cod ceviche will delivers high-quality protein, healthy fats and plenty of flavor for the next time you’re dreaming of a tropical mouth-cation.
Strawberry Cod Ceviche
Start to Finish: 2 hours 10 mins (10 minutes active)
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded and diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cilantro (whole or chopped fine)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound wild-caught cod, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 limes, juiced (enough to cover fish completely)
- 1/2 avocado, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane Oil
- Add cod to a small dish and pour lime juice over it. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- When cod is ready, drain excess lime juice and add cucumbers, avocado and strawberries to the bowl.
- Top cod ceviche with cilantro, salt, and Brain Octane. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
- Calories: 526
- Protein: 48g
- Carbs: 27g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 8g
- Net Carbs: 20g
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 2mg
- Potassium: 588mg
- Vitamin A: 7mg
- Vitamin C: 169mg
- Iron: 11mg
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!