Recipe & content provided by Jordan Pie
Some say that bacon is perfect as it is. Some say that chocolate is perfect as it is. So why not combine the two and see what kind of magic unfolds? This chocolate-covered bacon recipe yields a salty, sweet, crunchy, and completely delicious sensation on your taste buds! You can even play around with the flavors and add a pinch or two of cayenne pepper or cinnamon on top.
- 4-6 slices of organic, pastured bacon, depending on the size, cut in half
- ? – ½ block Chocolate Fuel Bar, melted
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- When the oven is hot, place the bacon pieces onto the lined tray evenly.
- Place the tray in the oven to cook and make sure you keep an eye on the bacon and check it every 5-10 minutes until you reach your desired crispiness.
- When the bacon is ready, remove it from the oven and carefully drain away the excess fat into a glass jar (keep this for your savory cooking). Pat the bacon slices with a paper towel if there is still excess fat.
- Pour the melted chocolate into a small cup or glass jar and begin to dip the bacon into the melted chocolate so they’re half covered.
- You can eat it straight away like this, or if you prefer, you can also place the chocolate coated bacon onto a plate lined with baking paper and repeat the process for the rest of the bacon.
- Once all the bacon pieces are covered in chocolate, place them in the fridge and allow the chocolate to harden.
- When it’s ready, pull it from the fridge and enjoy.
- Sprinkle with a touch of salt if desired.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 370
- Fat: 28g
- Protein: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Total Sugars: 0g
- Sodium: 380mg
Join over 1 million fans
Sign-up for the Bulletproof mailing list and receive the latest news and updates!