Byron Katie: Hacking the Voice in Your Head #532
By: Dave Asprey
You may know Byron Katie as the bestselling author of “Loving What Is.” She is an inspirational guide who offers people a different way to think their thoughts so they can change their mindsets and, ultimately, their lives.
In 1986, at the bottom of a 10-year spiral into depression, rage, and self-loathing, 43-year-old Byron Katie literally woke up one morning to a state of constant joy that has never left her.
She realized that when she believed her stressful thoughts, she suffered, but that when she questioned them, she didn’t suffer, and that this is true for every human being. Her simple yet powerful process of inquiry is called “The Work.”
Katie has been bringing The Work to millions of people around the world for more than 30 years through public events, workshops, intensives, retreats and a Turnaround House.
In this episode, we talk about the powerful ways your spirit can move you to change your mindset and change your life.
Follow Along with the Transcript
Live Webcast: livewithbyronkatie.com
- A 10-year spiral of rage 00:07:20
- If I don’t love what I think, I don’t love what I see 00:18:40
- The 4 questions involved in The Work 00:22:35
- Using The Work’s 4 questions as a logic problem or framework 00:30:20
- One blade of grass holds all the secrets of the universe 00:33:20
- A man held a gun on Byron 00:36:20
- The ego is like a lost child 00:40:10
- Where does the ego come from? 00:41:20
- I am hungry or I have hunger 00:44:00
- Choose the story you want to believe 00:46:20
- The universe is friendly 00:48:40
If you like today’s episode, check us out on Apple Podcasts at Bulletproof.com/iTunes and leave us a 5-star, positive review.