How to Make Bulletproof Coffee Blocks for Busy Mornings
By: Amanda Suazo
Never suffer a morning without Bulletproof Coffee again: These coffee blocks cut down your prep time so you can enjoy a piping hot cup in just minutes a day.
What are Bulletproof Coffee blocks? True to the original recipe, they’re pre-mixed cubes containing grass-fed butter and Brain Octane Oil. Simply add to your blender with fresh brewed coffee, and blend as normal.
If you customize your Bulletproof Coffee with extra flavors or supplements, coffee blocks can save you precious minutes in the morning. In addition to your buttery base, you can blend almost any flavorful upgrade into these cubes.
This recipe for Bulletproof Coffee blocks offers suggested measurements for butter and oil, but you can adjust depending on your taste. Avoid adding too much oil, though: MCT oils melt very quickly after freezing, so you could end up with mushy or even liquid cubes. If your coffee blocks won’t set, mix and freeze them again with more butter.
Take Bulletproof Coffee blocks to work, or simply stash in your home freezer. No matter where you take them, you can always have a source of quality fats on hand.
Bulletproof Coffee Blocks
Start to Finish: 4 hours (10 minutes active)
- 16 tablespoons (8 ounces) grass-fed unsalted butter or ghee, softened
- 1/3 cup Brain Octane Oil
- Optional: Ground turmeric, Ceylon cinnamon, cacao powder, or your other favorite Bulletproof Coffee add-ins
- In a high-powered blender or food processor, add softened butter and blend until creamy. Slowly drizzle in oil and continue blending until well-incorporated with the butter. (You can also use a hand mixer or immersion blender, but beware of splatters.)
- If using additional mix-ins, add to your blender and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon the butter mixture into a silicone mold or ice cube tray.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours, or until firm. Pop coffee blocks out of molds into a sealable container, and store in the freezer until ready for use.
- When you’re ready to make Bulletproof Coffee, add 1-2 coffee blocks to your blender with hot brewed coffee and blend as usual.
Nutritional Information (Per Coffee Block):
- Calories: 104.5
- Total Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 9g
- Sodium: 0mg
- Cholesterol: 21.8mg
- Total Carbs: 0g
- Net Carbs: 0g
Want more recipes?
Subscribe to our Recipe Lab newsletter where deliciousness is delivered to your inbox every week!