Ronda Collier: Hacking Stress with HRV Sense – #84
By: Dave Asprey
“Everything we can do to reduce stress in our lives will lead to great health.” – Ronda Collier
Stress is the new health epidemic only that it’s not new at all. Stress has influenced humans since we were running away from sabre-toothed tigers and living in caves. That same flight-or-fight response still powers our nervous system today – and many of us are not very good at managing it. But that is certainly changeable with generative feedback technology like the HRV Sense™ app. Ronda Collier from SweetWater Health, joins Bulletproof Radio for a second time to discuss the science of Heart Rate Variability and how monitoring it efficiently allows for peak performance and a healthier life! Learn about why the average person should care about HRV, how broccoli is used to qualify fractals, and why self-awareness is key to self-preservation.
Ronda Collier, B.S.E.E., M.A. Psychology holds more than 25 years of experience in high technology product development with a proven track record of delivering leading edge consumer electronic products within both privately held startups and Fortune 500 corporations. She has spent the last 3 years as an independent scholar researching non-invasive health monitoring techniques to improve overall personal well being. This research led to the founding of SweetWater Health, L.L.C. in 2010.
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
What You’ll Hear
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day!
- 0:31 – Welcome Ronda Collier from Sweetwater HRV
- 2:30 – Why to use HRV Sense
- 3:55 – What is stress?
- 6:30 – Heart Rave Variability
- 8:30 – Why should the average person care about HRV?
- 11:45 – How would a soccer mom apply HRV technology?
- 15:00 – Isn’t stress unavoidable?
- 17:00 – Generative feedback
- 19:00 – Turn off alerts!
- 21:00 – Using broccoli to qualify fractals
- 26:00 – HRV compared to HeartMath
- 29:00 – Dave talks about being on CNN
- 31:30 – HRV Food Sense app and food sensitivity
- 36:00 – Self-awareness is key!
- 38:40 – Where’s the Android version of HRV Sense?!
- 39:50 – Bulletproof Diet infographic
- 40:10 – Other data
- 45:00 – The most stressful restaurants…
- 47:50 – Top 3 recommendations for people to perform better!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form! You can also ask your questions and engage with other listeners through The Bulletproof Forum, Twitter, and Facebook!