Tripp Lanier: The New Man – #77
By: Dave Asprey
November 22, 2013
Americans spend billions each year on self-help, and this maybe isn’t totally surprising, but women are the target audience of the industry more often than not. Which is why the role of men’s coach Tripp Lanier is so important, to help fill in the gap. Let’s face it! Men need help too, right? On this episode of Bulletproof Radio Tripp talks about self-help from a man’s perspective and how to upgrade your life from a more masculine point of view. You’ll hear about why understanding your whole body matters, how being in the wrong relationship can keep you from being optimal, and Tripp shares a very personal story of trauma and how it affected his own personal development. Tripp’s a great guy. It was awesome to have him on the show. Enjoy!
Tripp Lanier is a men’s coach and host of The New Man Podcast. He coaches and teaches men all around the world how to break out of mediocre lives and create the careers and relationships they really want. As a host, he’s interviewed experts and authors from all walks of life including Tim Ferriss, Laird Hamilton, Ken Wilber, Dan Millman, Marcus Buckingham, Bill Harris, Steven Pressfield, AJ Jacobs, Chip Conley, Dr. Robert Glover, and Shawn Phillips. The New Man Podcast reaches thousands of people in over 110 countries and regularly finds its home on the iTunes Self-Help Top 10 list.
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
- 0:00 – Cool Fact of the Day!
- 0:26 – Welcome Tripp Lanier
- 1:45 – How do bacon and love come together?
- 4:00 – A man’s worth
- 6:00 – Eastern development
- 10:00 – Vipassana Meditation
- 13:00 – From outside to inside
- 16:00 – The whole body matters
- 18:00 – Working with family
- 20:00 – The wrong relationship can keep you from succeeding!
- 23:00 – The unvarnished truth
- 25:00 – The drama triangle
- 28:00 – Tired of waiting
- 30:00 – Knowing vs thinking
- 33:00 – Checking in
- 35:00 – Testosterone
- 40:00 – Tripp’s diet
- 44:00 – The effects of childhood trauma
- 52:40 – Top three recommendations for kicking more ass!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form!