Mark Hunter: Heavy Metal Bulletproof – #75
By: Dave Asprey
November 15, 2013
What’s better than sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll? Sex, drugs, rock-n-roll and Bulletproof® coffee, perhaps?
On episode #75 of Bulletproof Radio heavy metal biohacker and front man of the band Chimaira, Mark Hunter, gives us an inside look at living like a rock star and being Bulletproof. It was great to get to hear about how Mark got turned on to the Bulletproof lifestyle and what he does to stay optimal as a performer. You’ll learn about Mark’s works to help people live a better life, how coffee affects his music, and why sexual abstinence can help you attract more women! This is a down to earth conversation with a hardcore fan and a crazy talented musician. Please enjoy!
Mark Hunter is the vocalist and founding member of Cleveland-based metal band Chimaira. Mark has been a professional musician for 15+ years with more than a million records sold. He is a producer, blogger, float tank enthusiast, biohacker, and newly found wellness coach. After losing over 40 pounds on the Bulletproof® Diet, Mark has helped his mother lose over 120 pounds and recover from type-2 diabetes. Links on where to find out more about Mark and Chimaira can be found below.
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
What You’ll Hear
- 0:00 – Dave’s Cool Fact of the Day!
- 0:38 – Welcome Mark Hunter from Chimaira
- 2:00 – Mark talks about helping his mother and himself using Bulletproof methods
- 5:20 – Sex, drugs, and ROCK-N-ROLL
- 7:00 – How do you remain positive at the head of a death metal band?
- 10:00 – Lyrical catharsis
- 13:30 – Chimaira on Bulletproof
- 17:00 – Mark talks about addiction…
- 19:00 – Float tanks!
- 22:00 – What is biohacking to Mark?
- 25:00 – Stage fright
- 28:40 – Sex, DRUGS, and rock-n-roll
- 31:00 – Psychedelics and the gates of hell
- 33:00 – Dave and Mark talk Ayahuasca
- 37:00 – SEX, drugs, and rock-n-roll
- 40:00 – Sleeping between two virgins
- 45:00 – Upgrading yourself helps attract women
- 49:00 – Life after heavy metal and Mark’s coaching practice
- 52:00 – Top 3 recommendations for kicking more ass!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below. If you want your question to be featured on the next Q&A episode, submit it in the Podcast Question form!