Jimmy Moore: Clearing Up Cholesterol – #69
By: Dave Asprey
October 25, 2013
What if everything you thought you knew about cholesterol was wrong? In this episode of Bulletproof Radio cholesterol expert Jimmy Moore about how we’re being lied to about our cholesterol health. We discuss triglycerides and lab results and reveal a wealth of information on the basics of cholesterol. You’ll learn the difference between LDL and HDL, why you don’t have to be fat to have bad heart health, and why low cholesterol is bad for baby making! And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Enjoy!
In January 2004, Jimmy Moore made a decision to get rid of the weight that was literally killing him. At 32 years of age and 410 pounds, the time had come for a radical change of lifestyle. A year later, he had shed 180 pounds, shrunk his waist by 20 inches, and dropped his shirt size from 5XL to XL. He is regarded as a fan of low carbohydrate diets and eating plans and promotes them through his blog, books, YouTube videos and podcasts. He currently resides in Spartanburg, South Carolina. Moore’s latest book Cholesterol Clarity is a joint venture with Dr. Eric C. Westman. This book lays out in plain language what the numbers in a cholesterol test mean, and what can be done about them.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What You’ll Hear
- 0:35 – Intro
- 1:15 – Welcome Jimmy Moore
- 2:30 – The backbone of Cholesterol Clarity
- 4:00 – Learning the basics of cholesterol
- 5:30 – Jimmy Moore gives Dave props for being #1 in podcast ratings!
- 9:03 – What is LDL and HDL?
- 10:45 – Are high levels of HDL are good for you?
- 12:00 – Money in statins
- 14:00 – The top experts agree on what bad cholesterol is
- 15:30 – NMR lipo profile test
- 16:30 – Foods that cause high cholesterol
- 19:00 – Why you should raise HDL levels!
- geek out over triglicerides. compete over lab numbers.
- 21:50 – Are Dave and Jimmy nuts?
- 22:40 – Cholesterol does good
- 23:00 – The Tim Russert effect
- 25:25 – Cholesterol; the firefighter inside the body
- 27:00 – The statin problem
- 29:00 – Bulletproof techniques optimize mitochondria
- 30:00 – Low cholesterol is bad for baby making
- 31:00 – Bulletproof physicians on site
- 32:20 – Nutritional ketosis
- 36:00 – Gluconeogenesis (moderating protein) and Jimmy does a live blood sugar test
- 38:30 – Protein and chronic inflammation
- 40:00 – The right kind of fat
- 42:00 – Protein fasting
- 44:00 – The power of ketones
- 46:00 – Dave breaks down Bulletproof Brain Octane and Bulletproof Upgraded MCT
- 49:00 – Fixing your metabolism after 40 and building metabolic resilience
- 50:40 – Jimmy Moore makes major confession on Bulletproof Radio!
- 53:40 – Top 3 recommendations for people who want to kick ass at life!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.