This episode features the ultra-knowledgeable and vibrantly charming Dr. Josh Axe. Dr. Axe comes on the podcast for a geek-out session about how to be more optimal. We discuss fish and Josh’s comment on how it’s “worse than eating bacon,” why workouts like Insanity are insane, and what Olympic athletes eat. You’ll also get the scoop on what Dr. Axe has against white rice and pork. There’s a ton of information on this show. Bring a pencil and paper!
Dr. Josh Axe has created one of the top natural health websites in the world. DrAxe.com has over 250,000 monthly visitors, where the main topics include nutrition, fitness, healthy recipes and current health news. He is co-founder of the BurstFIT interval training program that is known as one of the fastest and most effective ways to burn body-fat. He has been featured on NBC and FOX and hosts a regular program on CBS Nashville. Dr. Axe earned his doctorate in Chiropractic at Palmer College and is also a Clinical Nutritionist and earned his C.N.S. as a certified nutrition specialist from the American College of Nutrition.
Enter your email address in the box on the right to receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more!
What You’ll Hear
- 0:26 – Intro Dr. Josh Axe
- 1:19 – Welcome Josh: “Let’s talk about fish…”
- 3:50 – Farm raised cancer salmon
- 6:00 – The dirtiest seafood out there
- 8:00 – The effects of mercury on your health
- 10:00 – Mercury detox
- 12:00 – Dr. Axe talks about Bulletproof® Upgraded™ Glutathione
- 12:50 – Who’s the right person to talk about detoxification?
- 14:00 – Bulletproofers don’t go to chiropractors, but they should!
- 16:30 – Dr. Axe and Dave talk pork
- 20:00 – What kind of burden do you want to put on your body?
- 21:18 – Dr. Axe’s take on probiotics
- 23:00 – The dangers of antibiotics and good gut bacteria
- 25:00 – You are what you digest
- 26:00 – Dave asks Dr. Axe about histamine
- 27:40 – Soil-based microorganisms and supplements
- 30:00 – Dave asks Dr. Axe why he’s against white rice
- 33:15 – Burst training benefits
- 36:30 – The insanity of Insanity
- 39:30 – Working with Olympians
- 43:00 – Michael Phelps ate like crap! How age effects your ability to recover from bad diet choices
- 45:30 – Dave breaks down Upgraded™ Brain Octane Oil
- 47:11 – Top three recommendations for kicking more ass and being more Bulletproof!
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.