High Performance Health Coach Yuri Elkaim: Fitness & Nutrition
By: Dave Asprey
From professional athlete to high performance health coach, Yuri Elkaim came on the show to talk about all things Bulletproof. In his goal to help 10,000,000 people become healthier, Yuri shares his take on raw food, the “fruits & veggies” argument, exercise vs. rest, habits, and more! If you are an athlete (or biohacker) looking for tips to take your performance to the next level, this is the show for you!
Yuri Elkaim is a registered holistic nutritionist, fitness expert, and highly sought after high performance health coach. He is also a former professional soccer player and served as the Head Strength & Conditioning and Nutrition Coach for men’s soccer at the University of Toronto for 7 seasons.
Did you know you could receive a free copy of the Bulletproof Diet, the Bulletproof Shopping Guide, and much more by entering your email address in the box on the right side of this page?
What You Will Hear
- 1:00 – Yuri’s Story
- 4:40 – Yuri’s goal to help 10,000,000 people become healthier by 2018
- 6:00 – Yuri’s progress with his goal and programs
- 8:45 – The filtering power of the “crowd” on the Internet
- 9:45 – Yuri’s take on raw food
- 11:50 – Is there a limit to raw food?
- 13:00 – Yuri’s specific raw food regimen
- 15:30 – “Fruit and veggies” – Yuri’s recommendations and common misconceptions
- 17:10 – The best time to eat fruits and vegetables
- 18:20 – Two conditions related to almost every disease we know
- 19:50 – The optimal number of meals per day for maximum energy
- 21:50 – The problem with 5-6 meals a day
- 24:00 – Dave’s paradigm shift toward intermittent fasting
- 25:40 – Yuri’s take on rest – normalizing circadian rhythm and sleep deprivation
- 28:50 – The window of time in which your mind bursts with creativity & energy
- 31:40 – Dave’s sleep hacking adventures
- 34:05 – What Yuri tells athletes who want to hack sleep and exercise
- 35:40 – Dave’s optimum time to workout
- 36:30 – Physical and mental habits Yuri encourages habits
- 38:00 – Winning the lottery vs. gratitude
- 39:10 – Yuri’s journaling practice
- 40:35 – Why writing something down by hand is more effective than typing
- 42:15 – Yuri’s number one productivity hack
- 44:10 – Top 3 recommendations to be more Bulletproof
Questions for the podcast?
Leave your questions and responses in the comments section below so I can answer them in the next podcast.
Please do me the courtesy of leaving a ranking in iTunes. It helps more people find the show!